Saturday 28 September 2013

Our roots

Family photos

This weekend I'm making a photo collage of mine and my husband's parents. I'm really excited to do it, because it's not photos of how they look now, instead it's photos of when they were in their early 20s. I thought it would be nice to celebrate the youth and enthusiasm in their faces; the idea came from looking at the photos with them and seeing the delight as they told stories about when and why the photos were taken.

There's my mum and dad in single photos, them both at their engagement party with my grandparents and one of my uncles and his wife, my husbands parents in single photos and together at a test shoot for their wedding pictures. There are only six pictures shown above, but I plan to add another photo of my dad, and one of Mum and Dad when they were expecting my elder sister. 

And here's the finished article! Very pleased!

Framed family photos

Which part of your history would you capture in a collage? 

No comments:

Post a Comment