Tuesday 17 June 2014

"Jack and Jill", James Patterson


Pages of a book

Last month I read "Jack and Jill" by James Patterson. It's another in the Alex Cross series - I've got through books 1 & 2, and this is number 3.

This book focussed on two main plot lines; the murder of children from a school near to Alex's house, and the murder of prominent political figures in Washington with what appears to be a threat to the president.

Now that I've read a couple of the Alex Cross series, I am seeing them as "episodes" of a story and I like that there are constants throughout - about Alex's life, family etc.

Jack and Jill by James Patterson

I find this series incredibly easy to read, and hard to put down. As with "Kiss The Girls", the short, suspense-filled chapters (averaging around 3 pages each) make it almost impossible to walk away from. I kept thinking "I'll just read this next chapter" and before I knew it had consumed half the book.

I wasn't particularly keen on how faultless Alex and his children seemed to be this time around; I know every parent loves their children, and that Alex is our hero, but it would be great to see some contrast in the characters to make them more realistic.

This book was entertaining, good escapism and I'm certainly keen to keep reading the rest of the series despite the minor criticism I mentioned. Perhaps a little break will do me good, so I've just picked up "Divergent" by Veronica Roth for a change in pace and topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment